Mike Kolls (L) for Congress
United States House of Representatives
Texas District #24 -
email - Rep@tx24.us
There is a correct and elegant solution for everything. Do you want to spend enough time to find THE solution?
THE solution is found with reason and bound by principle. I may change my conclusion with new, supported details.
My bookshelf is full of answers.
Please check out my thoughts on some
Brief Political Background
- 2016 - Candidate for US House, Texas 24
- 2014 - Candidate for US House, Texas 24
- Led discussions on The Federalist Papers
- 2013 - Smaller Govít Conservative as defined by Barry Goldwater, but without military adventurism
- 2013-ish - Most federal legislation is Legal Plunder
- Insight from The Law (1850) by Frederic Bastiat
- 2012 - Discovered the Libertarian Party
- Non-Aggression vs. Gov't = Aggression/Force
- Individual Choice (Socially Liberal)
- Financially Conservative
- The Fallacy of Keynesian Economics - gov't spending is NOT good
- 2009 - Energized by the TEA Party movement
- Smaller, limited gov't
- Fiscal responsibility
- Personal responsibility
- 1984 - 2008 - Frustrated, often yelling at the national news. Against mandates and edicts from gov't.
- 1992 - Ross Perot, finally! ... some different ideas
- 1984 - First national election - "Gov't is NOT the solution to our problem. Gov't is the problem." - Ronald Reagan
Candidate Mike Kolls
Project Management Professional (PMP)
I have been an IT Project Manager since 1999. This work allows me to pursue correct and elegant outcomes. I get paid to solve puzzles/problems.
The techniques and tools of Project Management can/should be applied to the challenges of governance.
There are difficult issues that require:
- Thorough research and analysis
- Socializing the alternatives
- Implementing a solution
- Measurement to assure a proper outcome
- Re-evaluation of processes, efforts, and outcomes
Have you heard
"You can get 80% of the results with 20% of the effort"? It is true for most situations in life.
When the federal gov't should act (it tries to do too much...), it does NOT need to "get it perfect".
The spirit and intent of
federal legislation can be established with a loose framework (20% of the work)
that becomes a decision/option for the
Attempts at Zero-Probability apply to research-science and close relationships... but, NOT to governance.
The United States is extra-ordinary in defending religious expression. We have a great Freedom! Including the freedom to NOT practice faith.
My Christian faith informs my actions and decisions.
It encourages me:
- to seek-out others and form relationships
- to be a positive influence with people I meet
- to help others when I can
- to live peaceably in community
Faith should embolden a person. Fearful people have NOT found faith.
I am a polite evangelical. I want to share my faith journey, but will NOT force this good news upon you. If you ask, I will share.
When you say "enough", the conversation ends.
Life, Liberty, Property!