Mike Kolls (L) for Congress
United States House of Representatives
Texas District #24 -
email - Rep@tx24.us
The federal government is too big and tries to do too much.
What it does, it does poorly. - Mike Kolls
Article I Section 8 of the
Constitution of the United States enumerates the tasks delegated to Congress by The People.
Article I Section 8 is a finite list. The master list of tasks/authority is referenced by Amendment IX, the cornerstone of our Constitution.
"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."
- Amendment IX
Full and final authority resides with WE THE PEOPLE.
Separation of Power
US Federalism / Strong Sovereign States
Federalist Papers # 42 thru 47 detail the shared authority between the Sovereign States and the common federal Union.
Remember, the states formed a confederation, the federal Union - a confederation, NOT a consolidation.
This arrangement has been obliterated by Progressivism and the march of BIG gov't.
I advocate a return to strong Sovereign States.
The highlights from these crucial writings of the young republic.
- The new federal government would not divest states of their authority.
- States to administer ordinary administration of criminal and civil justice
- Agriculture is subject to local legislation
- The federal Union is given enumerated duties by The People
- The last resort a remedy must be obtained from The People
- The States will retain, under the proposed Constitution, a very extensive portion of active sovereignty
- The States will address:
- Ordinary course of affairs
- Concern [protect] the lives, liberties, and property
- [Provide] Internal order in times of peace and security
- The federal government will be disinclined to invade the rights of the individual States
- Unwarrantable measures of the federal government may cause the people to refuse cooperation
- State governments, with The People on their side, would be able to repel the federal army
- The powers proposed for the federal government are little compared to those reserved to the individual States
- Accumulation of power into the same hands is tyranny
Our next Supreme Court Justice?
For The People
NOT every situation is a federal case. Individual citizens have full and final authority.
Social issues belong to
THE PEOPLE and their community.
For The House of Representatives
First, The House is the "keeper of the purse". All federal appropriations must come from The House and be approved by The House.
I will NOT fund anything that increases the size, scope, or reach of the federal gov't.
Second, the following list is delegated to The House for action:
|"Affordable" Care Act ||Repeal - do NOT replace. Let the
Free Market allocate healthcare. |
|Bear Arms||"... shall NOT be infringed." Period.|
|The science is NOT settled. Concerned private parties should conduct the research, NOT gov't. |
|Federal Debt||Balance the budget and pay off the massive federal debt. |
|Free Speech||Without restriction, even offensive speech.|
|Justice||To compensate for injury, stolen property, or damaged property. No laws to prevent crime. |
|NSA Surveillance||No, shut down immediately. This violates Amendment IV.|
|Security||Diplomacy first, NO more foreign wars. Common Defence is defending our soil, our shores, and our waters.|
|Sharia Law||NO, US Law and Sharia Law are incompatible and cannot be enforced simultaneously |
|Taxes||NO new taxes. Reduce income taxes when the federal debt is reduced to less than $ 10,000,000,000,000. |
|Veterans' Care||Our bravest citizens deserve proper care for injuries caused by combat/service ||
Neither force of Law,
nor military force
For The Senate
The Senate has primary responsibility for all activities involving other sovereign nations. I cannot influence policy directly.
I will NOT fund international programs/activities that diminish or challenge our national sovereignty.
|Diplomacy||I will fund ALL outreach/dialog efforts with ALL nations |
|Immigration||Open borders, but NO benefits (handouts, welfare, ...) to non-citizens |
|Paris Climate Accord * ||It does NOT curb China or India. And... the science is NOT settled. |
|Tariffs||NO. Tariffs increase prices for US consumers. |
|TPP *||Global tribunals/courts are bad for US businesses. |
|United Nations *||NO funding for the UN and its programs. The UN should leave New York City. |
|War||I will NOT fund any foreign war. I will fund proper defense of our soil, our shores, and our waters. |
* - challenges US Sovereignty
“ peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, |
entanglements with none.”
– Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address
The limited authority given to Congress should also be viewed thru the following criteria.
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato |
"Each law creates new criminals" - Mike Kolls
As a US Representative I will only vote for legislation that:
- Aligns with Article I Section 8 of The Constitution of the United States
- Aligns with US Federalism (details above)
- Amendment IX – final authority rests with WE THE PEOPLE - the cornerstone of our Constitution
- Amendment X – Sovereign States may do what the federal government cannot… with authority from WE THE PEOPLE
- Is an available option for each citizen - NOT compulsory
- Requires NO funding from the Sovereign States
- Benefits ALL United States citizens - NO statutes with/using protected classes
- Applies to ALL United States citizens, including Congress, its staff, and the Executive branch - nobody is above the Law
- Is veto proof - passes both chambers with two-thirds affirmative vote
- Has a clear sunset identified - active for only 5 to 8 years
If gov't cannot "act" because of the constraints above, how does anything get done? The Free Market!
Life, Liberty, Property!